Wednesday 5 January 2011

More Progress

After I had modelled the house an completely finished it, I began to start UV texture mapping it.

It took such a long time to fully texture map it. Because of all the beams on the front, I had to add every side of the beam as well as the fronts and the backs and the roof. The rest of the team has textured theirs so they want to use the same style of textures. I have passed on my model and my texture map from them to add the different maps (texture, bump, diffuse etc) to it and then add it to the street to create a whole street for the rat to run around in.



I have tried to upload the image of the UV map but the image will not up on the blog because the lines are too thin.

I have also finished modelling and texturing the dining table and chairs. I used the dark wood that I wanted to and spent lots of time making sure the grain was the correct way by UV mapping the table and chairs.



I sent this away to the group but they already had another in place and decided to use that one instead as it saved importing and extra tweaking.

The group have asked me to create some trees. to add to the scene.



I looked at some tutorials online and then used the paint effects to create the trees. I had to tweak them a bit, by turning it into polygons and changing the texture of the leaves. I had to create the textures on PhotoShop and then export them as PNG files to make sure the backgrounds were transparent. This made the trees look pretty respectable. I may change the texture of the trunk because I'm not too happy with it.






Progress is looking better. As a group we are almost done and soon will begin animating.

No comments:

Post a Comment